Nov 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

While I am thankful for many things each day, I guess it's that time of year where I should list all that I am thankful for:

My family: My mom and dad have given me everything. I don't know where I'd be without their love and support!

Vinny: we've been together for one year and I'm looking forward to many more. It's been such a fantastic year. We've been on some great trips together, have a wonderful apartment, and share our little bundle of fur (aka Maddie). We are so much alike in so many ways, he has a great family, and I am so thankful for that.

Maddie: my little jelly bean. We adopted her in February and we're constantly learning new things about her. She may not be an exciting, large, rambunctious dog, but she is our little doggie. She is quiet, sits still when you want to play with her, doesn't chew on anything, is house broken, and is a great companion. I am so thankful to have an obedient dog!

My friends: I may live hours away fromy my dearest friends, but I am thankful that we still keep in touch, and that our friendships are still going strong.

My job: Um, don't know if you have heard on the news, but NetJets went through some massive layoffs. Let's just say I am so thankful to still have my job!

My health: Ok, I've already been sick twice this winter, but I am thankful for my overall health.

Nanowrimo: it's amazing how one little website can make a huge difference in my life. So many people say "I want to write a book in my lifetime," yet they never do it because things like writing a book get put on the back-burner (ie: work, kids, school take priority). While I may not make the overall 50,000 word count (shame), I have made it so close, nearing the 40,000 mark. I am going to bust my ass these last few days, but I may not make 50,000. But you know what? I am okay with that, because I did what not many have done, and that was I sat down and started writing a book. I granted my own wish. I started a book that I know I will eventually finish. Nanowrino gave me the inspiration and encouragement to begin it. Thank you!

(ok, now that I've said my thank you's, I better get back to nanowrimo so I can make the said 50,000 word count by November 30th!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: