Jul 18, 2009

For Serious?

My conversation with the Volkswagen dealership today.

Me: Hi, I'd like to schedule an oil change please.

VW Lady:
Ok! This is your 20,000 oil change, which means you're due for a mini-servicing; tire rotation, change filters, check your airbags, brakes. It'll cost a little bit more this time, $325.

Me: Wait, did you say $325?

VW Lady: Yes, it's just a mini service. So this time it'll cost a little bit more than your oil change.


Ok, I'm going to stop right there, because the rest of the conversation is totally pointless. Now, my math may not be perfect, but my oil changes are normally $92 (damn you expensive German cars), so how she was able to conclude that $325 is JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE than $92 completely baffles me. That is a difference of $233, woman! (Yes, I just used a calculator). WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO THESE VOLKSWAGENS? Shipping them off to Germany to be fixed!? Christ.

Needless to say, I scheduled a regular oil change. To hell with my tires.

3 comments:

Barrie said...

I'm shocked at $92 for an oil change. I pay in the 40 dollar range for a full synthetic oil change. Life is getting way too expensive.

Amy said...

I hate the $92 too :( Apparently my Jetta takes some sort of imported synthetic oil (oh geeze, am I even using the correct terms? I'm such a girl! lol!). And there aren't really any VW service shops in my area. D'oh!

Anonymous said...

It's $92 because it takes about 4 hours to do it. If they were to put the oil filter where they're supposed to, anyone could do it.