Today is my birthday. I guess you could say it was bittersweet. I didn't celebrate it today. Instead, I just went about like any other normal day. I woke up, went to work, griped about how stress I've been getting lately, came home, and walked the dog.
Maybe by this age, you're not supposed to expect much on your birthday. I got my awesome gifts last week, for which I am very thankful for. But I guess that little kid in me still wanted to do something "special". Of course, I don't really know what that "special" thing is. I've never really had it in my adult life. I had the big birthday parties when I was little, I've had my fair share of fireworks (being born the day before Independence Day has its ups and downs), and I've been in many cool locations to celebrate my birthday when I was younger. Maybe I'm just in a whiney mood because I'm bored and tired of these past few weeks...
Grant it, the first half of July is incredibly booked for me. With working and taking my motorcycle class, I haven't had much time to squeeze in other enjoyment.
Oh well, at least next year when I turn 25, I'll finally be able to rent a car without getting charged an extra $25 per day. What a wonderful thing to look forward to.
Although, I do want to thank everyone who has called, texted, emailed, and wrote on my facebook wall with many many birthday wishes. I heart you all.
Jul 3, 2009
24
Posted by
Amy
at
9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday, Amy!!! May you get some special gifts this weekend!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Post a Comment