Don’t worry, nobody’s dieing here. I just wanted to put together a little list of goals and things I want to accomplish in the near future (and lifetime). Sometimes it helps to write it all down and look at it as a whole. Everything is attainable if you do careful pacing and planning. Sure, doing tons of stuff on a spontaneous whim is fun, too, but my lazy ass needs to buckle down and look at what’s in front of me!
So, here’s the little list thus far. I’m sure there are tons more but I need to get ready for bed already! (Ah, working the morning shift has its drawbacks.)
Build my dream home by a body of water
Write a novel
Travel the world: especially Australia, New Zealand, Europe (I’ve pretty much got Asia down already)
Pick up flying again
Learn how to ride a motorcycle
Get a boating license
To own a boat some day, of course!
And a jet ski, too!
Learn how to ski and snowboard (or at least attempt to not break my ass again)
Go out west and site-see (Yosemite is #1 on that list)
Build my endurance and lung capacity (being an asthmatic wuss is a bitch)
Own enough land so I can help animals, such as dog and bunny rescue (I know, weird combo)
Learn to sew (seriously, the last time I sewed something was in 8th grade Home Ec. class, and it was a shitty pair of shorts)
Be more selfless (this is an on-going inner battle)
Eat healthier!! (Subway sooooo doesn’t count!)
Winning the lottery (hey, I can dream!)
The motorcycle one may come true. Vinny owns a bike and his friend recently got her permit. She invited me to attend a riding course (in order to obtain a license) in July, and I’m really tempted to do it. Even if I never own a bike someday (which I think would be cool, too!), I still think it’d be really fun to learn about it and get some pointers from professionals.
I mean, it’s now or never, right? I’m the queen of procrastination so I feel like if an opportunity comes up, I may as well take it! Plus, I’m a firm believer in taking up new hobbies (or at least giving new things a try so you’ll know for future reference if you like it or not. This same concept applies to food, too. Just throwing it out there for you picky eaters!)
Of course, with all of this being said, I ended up eating and napping my afternoon away instead of going to the gym, running errands, or attempting to cross off something on my list. I never win.
Jun 9, 2009
My (little) Bucket List
Posted by
Amy
at
10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Great list! I'd love to own a house by the water, too. And I never realized you had asthma. I have one child with it too.
Post a Comment