If you've been following my whiney updates on twitter, you'll know that I've been sick as a dog these past few days. Maybe I caught it from the guy who decided to come to work with the flu? Maybe I got it from the other guy who decided to come to work with a sinus infection, and then proceded to talk THISCLOSE to my face and spit up nasty lung mucus in the trash can?
Well, either way, I got sick and this is my second day missing work. Oy.
I haven't been sick in well over 6 months, which if you ask me, that is one helluva stretch in my book. I am due to leave for Florida in 8 days (EIGHT STINKING FREAKING DAYS!!) so I dragged my sick ass to Urgent Care yesterday faster than you can say "Space Mountain". After wasting a total of 3 hours of my life that I'll never get back, I came home with antibiotics, OJ, and Zicam. (and note: Zicam is that nasty nose gel that you have to swab... INSIDE YOUR NOSE. It has to be the most disgusting feeling ever... but my parents SWEAR that it works, so what the hell, I'm giving it a shot.)
So, I have 8 days to completely recover before getting on a plane and praying my eardrums don't rupture from the altitude. Hence my immense intake of Airborne, OJ, Zicam, and random vitamins.
Plus, I think Maddie is getting depressed because I'm not playing with her enough and not taking her on longer walks. And I haven't had any contact with my boyfriend in days. This all makes me kinda sad!
Maddie is clearly distraught by my playful absence
Oh, and if I hear one more joke about swine flu, I'm going to start oinking just to freak those assholes out.
May 1, 2009
Confessions of a Whiney Twenty-Three Year Old
Posted by
Amy
at
10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It may be the vile factor- but I swear by that Zicam stuff. Swab away.
Post a Comment