Mar 12, 2009

Project: Florida


Project: Florida has officially begun. X and I have been clearing out our schedules so we can spend a week at my family’s timeshare in Orlando, FL. We just submitted our vacation requests at work, so once they’re approved we’ll officially have Project: Florida in the bag! We’re aiming to go in mid-May so we can see a shuttle launch from Kennedy Space Center. There are two launch dates scheduled during the week we’re going, so we should have pretty good odds incase one gets scrubbed.

Oh, and what’s vacationing in Orlando without going to my most favorite place on earth, Walt Disney World!? X has never been, and I can tell he’s hesitant to indulge in the whole Disney experience. I don’t blame him. Its stereotype isn’t very good. I can tell he sees Disney as a place mainly targeted for kids (ie: tourist trap for parents). I also think he doesn’t realize how insanely huge the Disney property is, and that so much more extends beyond the Magic Kingdom (ie: the “Cinderella Castle” park that you always see on TV). I’ve tried to explain to him that this isn’t like going to Kings Island (in Cincinnati) or Cedar Point (in Sandusky, OH), where you spend one afternoon there and call it quits and go home. Disney has four main parks, over 20 resorts which all consist of its own unique things to do, a downtown district, boardwalk district, sports park, two water parks, and that’s not even to mention all the bars, live entertainment, shopping, and high-end themed dining! In a perfect world, it is recommended to stay for two weeks. And even then you still don’t get to experience everything Disney has to offer!

My mouth is drooling thinking about all of this.

You have no idea how hard it is to contain my excitement about Disney when I’m around him. I don’t want to overwhelm him or freak him out, but Disney really is the coolest place on Earth, and he’s just going to have to experience it all himself ;) We are going to split up our time between Disney stuff, the shuttle launch, and just relaxing at the resort. It’ll be a whole week away from Ohio, and I am SOOOOO looking forward to it!



Shuttle photo taken from here.
Photo above taken of me infront of the Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, 2006.

2 comments:

Barrie said...

I couldn't get over how much fun I had at Epcott Center

Amy said...

that's my favorite park! I love all the science-y stuff and the World Show Case is awesome. Any 'childrens' place that serves margaritas (Mexico) is my kinda place ;)