These “about me” lists are a great way to kill time on a rainy day. Ok, it’s not really raining, but it is 3AM and I. Am. So. Bored.
Make a list of things you can see without getting up:
Dresser, laundry hamper, bed, tons of scarves hanging off my door hooks, lamps, night stand, dog bed (dog is half hidden under my bed), doggie bowls.
What were you like when you were five?
Shy but loved the outdoors. I would always help my dad build and paint stuff.
What are you wearing now?
Flannel PJ bottoms that are way too old, and an Ohio University Halloween block party shirt. Go Bobcats.
What story/book/novel have you read over and over again in your life?
I don’t particularly like to read books more than once, but there have been a few exceptions: Harry Potter (the first few volumes) by J.K. Rowling and Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.
What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading?
Cabin Pressure by Josh Wolk (soon to be reading Marley & Me by John Grogan).
Do you nap a lot?
I used to all the time in college. Now I never get to. It’s a sad, sad thing. I love naps.
Who was the last person you hugged?
My boyfriend
What’s your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
Anything that relates to vegging out. Whether it be wasting time on Facebook, updating my blog, watching my DVR shows, or taking pictures. I’m still obsessed with my new camera, the Canon Digital Rebel XSi, and am still learning the art of photography. I wish I had more time to do it. Also in the mix is planning my next vacation to Florida in May!
What was the last thing you ate today?
A bowl of cheerios with soy milk
What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Facebook, my blog, the blogs I follow, CNN, Twitter, Flickr, Google
What was the last thing you bought?
An Italian BMT from Subway for lunch
What are you listening to right now?
Honestly? The sound of a fan humming by my bed. I hate sleeping in total silence! Also the sound of Maddie chewing on a bone. Yuck.
What movie are (or were!) you most excited to show your kids?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated version with Boris Karloff’s narration) and Rudolph (the stop-motion version with Burl Ives).
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To have knowledge about everything that’s ever existed. Shapeshifting would be totally sweet too ; )
What is your favorite weather, and why?
Spring weather. Basically when it looms around 75 degrees and sunny. I am the happiest girl in the world.
What time do you usually get up?
Ugh, 11am on average. I go into work at 3pm so my sleeping schedule is totally out of whack.
What is your most challenging goal right now?
I just went through the huge college graduation/starting work phase of my life. It’s been almost 6 months and I’m finally getting the hang of my routine. Working nights isn’t the best thing ever, but it’s brought me close to some great people (including my boyfriend!). I am still getting the hang of not going out as often with friends, keeping touch with the friends I still care for, and making sure I balance out enough “me” time and work. Basically, life.
If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
By a body of water. Whether it be the beach, lake, or river.
Favorite vacation spot?
Myrtle Beach (with my family), Disney World, Thailand, any beach will do, really.
What is your favorite children’s book?
The Box Car Children series and Goosebumps books.
Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you:
Anything with cheese. Fries, potatoes, chips—if there’s cheese on it, I will most likely inhale it. And it will look very unattractive.
If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be?
Leonardo da Vinci, Lucille Ball, Steven Spielberg.
What do you want to do in your lifetime?
Learn how to knit, make a quilt, learn how to play guitar, oil paint again, travel for a few years without worrying about money, finish my pilot’s license, own a boat, build my dream home, learn to be completely satisfied with what I have and continue love everyone in my life.
If your life could be like a character's in a TV show, whose would it be and why?
My first reaction would say Carrie from Sex & the City—she has a great apartment, friends, and style—but her love life totally sucks. So my next character would be Rachel from Friends. She’s cute as a button, has amazing taste, and she can be crazy like me.
Bored? Pass this along and fill it out! Hell, make up some of your own questions too!
And now I leave you with this pathetic picture. Maddie REALLY hates my digital SLR camera. I am not joking!
Mar 12, 2009
A Tidbit of Me That You Probably Don't Give a Shit About
Posted by
Amy
at
3:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
My 8 y.o. is into The Box Car kids! Of my four kids, she's the only one who has taken to them. And she's the only girl. I wonder if that's the link?
Post a Comment