Oct 13, 2008

Mac 'n Cheese: Nature's Sleep Aide

October 13, 2008

If you’re looking for that perfect sleeping pill with all the effects of a cheap date rape drug... move over Ambien! Because you can have that oh-my-god-when-did-I-even-fall-asleep-and-how-did-I-end-up-in-bed-already? feeling for just under $3 with Meijer’s brand Shells & Cheese!

Here was my day:

7:30AM – 5:00PM: at NetJets, first day of New Hire Orientation.
5:30PM: Home and preparing dinner, which includes the powerful Meijer’s brand Shells & Cheese.
6PM: Shells & Cheese cooked and ready to be served.
6:02PM: Inhale Shells & Cheese. (May or may not have had two helpings.)
6:00PM-???: Apparently “watched” Spongebob on the couch.
??? – 8:30PM: in bed, with the lights on.

Wtf? I’m so incredibly groggy and now my entire evening is shot. The poor bunnies will have to be stinky for one more day because I am too exhausted to clean their crates. The dishes will remain filthy in the sink because I don’t have the energy to touch them. And Gossip Girl? Sigh. That will have to remain, unwatched, in my DVR player until another day. Gossip Girl is only fun when you watch it right when it is on so you can IM your friends and bitch about what is going on at the same time. I ruined it this week : (

Tomorrow’s schedule is basically another repeat, and this time I will avoid the world’s worst comfort food in order to be able to carry on a normal evening without feeling like I’ve been drugged with a thousand antihistamines and/or sleep aides.

I think I’ll go dry my hair and pass out (again) now. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Barrie said...

I have never even heard of this brand of mac and cheese! Hey, are you still on for October Ovation on Wednesday?

Barrie said...

Yeah, I sort of feel like a burger now myself! Yeah, just pot about someone you admire. I'll link to you and so will Larramie at Seize A Daisy. Terrific blog, if you haven't been there yet! And if you could link back to us, it'd be great and will give everyone a chance to check out the other posts. Here's the link for Seize A Daisy: http://seizeadaisy.blogspot.com