Jan 20, 2010

They're Here! They're Here!

My beautiful new yarn and knitting needles have arrived! I'm taking a knitting class in February with my friend Andi, and our first project is a scarf. If you know me, you would know that I have a trillion scarves in all different kinds of materials and in all colors of the rainbow. Even my coworker Jesse calls me "Scarf girl" (and my caller ID on his phone comes up as "Amy Scarf").

SO, this first project is quite appropriate and I decided to go all out and buy some sweet yarn. I went for Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Yarn, which I found at Jimmy Beans Wool. At first I wanted to purchase the yarn from Purl SoHo, but they did not have the color ("Vera") that I wanted in stock.
Vera by Lorna's Laces
I'm so glad I purchased from Jimmy Beans, though! Their customer service was awesome. They shipped my stuff the same day I placed the order and they even included a cute smiley face on my receipt and jolly ranchers! Hells yeah.

Jackie suggested I try Brittany knitting needles. They are wooden needles made out of birch hardwood, and 100% recyclable! I opted for size 7 and 8 needles since that's what I hear are the best to learn on.
Sizes 7 and 8
I'm so excited to start this class! Now I just need to find Vinny to help wind the yarn hanks into balls. I am still refusing to buy a swift for $70. Booo hisssssss.

1 comments:

Eileen said...

I love yarn. Love it. I've made socks with Lorna's Laces and been pleased with how it turned out. They have great colors.

Happy knitting