Happy New Year! Wow, Christmas really flew by. I'm surprised I didn't post a Christmas blog, but I've been pretty preoccupied with work and making my Babette Blanket. After much turmoil and screaming at Beth, the Crochet Youtube Lady, I finally have this crochet thing down!
Sadly, my blanket project came to a halt when I realized all my yarn was useless because most of my skeins didn't come rolled into a ball. This makes it very difficult for me to crochet because the yarn would get stuck or tangled after every few stitches.
Commence me buying a ball winder from the Internet.
Commence it being stuck at the FedEx center since it's New Years day.
So, until that ball winder ends up on my front door step, I've just been practicing with some of my "practice yarn" (as I like to call it), and have been making great progress in terms of technique, pattern reading (and memorization!), and even adding new yarn colors. Ho ho ho... I just aged 30 more years!
And, Eileen Cook was right! She told me that yarn is very addicting, and it sure is. I ended up purchasing a couple more skeins with my ball winder. I couldn't help it! The colors were dazzling and hypnotizing! I can't wait to finally start on my project! I'm also signed up for a knitting class in February.
I guess I'll also take some time to reflect on this past year: I got a dog, moved in with my boyfriend, showed him the magical wonders of Disney World, saw the STS-125 shuttle launch, spent time with my family at the beach, got my motorcycle license, went to Niagara Falls for the first time, started my first book, managed to not get laid off work, and now here I am starting this huge crochet project.
As for the past decade as a whole, I graduated from high school and college in that time span. I got my first job and am living on my own. All of these are great milestones.
Hope you had a happy new years eve, and that your hangover today is slowly getting better!
Jan 1, 2010
2010
Posted by
Amy
at
12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Happy New Year, Amy!! And about yarn--my 9 year old wants to knit a scarf, but is very very picky about yarn! ;)
Post a Comment