Ok, I've written 3,000-plus words today so I'm rewarding myself with blogging. I've been disciplining myself with the mantra of "DO NOT STRAY AWAY FROM YOUR BOOK WRITING BY WRITING ABOUT IT ON YOUR BLOG."
If you didn't know, I signed up to write in the National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo). I am to write 50,000 words between Nov. 1 - Nov. 30.
Here's a list of Q & A I've been repeating to everyone this past week.
1. What are you going to write about?
This was obviously the hardest thing for me to do. All my life I have wanted to write a book, but never found the courage to do so. Nanowrimo really gave me the motivation because thousands of other people are going to be in the same boat as me.
I couldn't decide between "chick lit fiction", "young adult", or memoir. A memoir wouldn't really fall under the "novel" rules since we all know that a novel is defined as a work of lengthy fiction. But then again, the rules say we can write it...so that's what I'm going to do. Memoir, it is! I'm going to put a humorous twist on it, and basically talk about my experiences of being raised in two different countries, and all the stupid situations I get myself into.
2. So is it an autobiography?
No. I'm not narrating my entire life. That's way too boring. I'm just picking out bits and pieces of my personal experiences and throwing it all together in one huge mixing bowl. There will be parts that I will have to make up, and people's names will have to be changed. So, I'm not quite sure if I'd categorize this as non-fiction... but it's certainly not autobiographical.
3. Do you want to get it published?
Of course. It's certainly my dream, but look at it this way: I am pounding out this book in 30 days (rules of nanowrimo). If I decide I'd want this work to be published, then I will certainly spend eons editing, editing, editing. I'd have to find a literary agent, too. Oy. Let's not think about that right now :)
4. Are you going to write about vampires?
Yes, let's go ahead and throw in an Edward look-a-like into my novel. I'm sure that'd really capture an audience.
Just kidding.
Nov 1, 2009
NaNoWriMo Day 1
Posted by
Amy
at
6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am cheering for you!
Post a Comment