Oct 4, 2009

Route 62 BBQ


Today Vinny and I finally drove over to the small town of Johnstown, OH to fetch some awesome barbecue. I heard about this place from my fellow twitter/blogger buddy at The PapaGolf Chronicles, Dave. He is always checking out some of the coolest places, so I trusted his judgment when I read about Route 62 BBQ on his blog.

Johnstown is about 20 minutes from northeast Columbus. Ironically, Route 62 was closed for construction, so we had to take the back way, which were all country roads. We didn't mind, though, because the fall scenery was pretty to watch. The restaurant is very small with very limited seating inside and outside. We decided to just grab some food to go. I think I gained 2 pounds. Ugh.

They have everything you can imagine: pulled pork, beef brisket, ribs, potato salad, baked beans, cheesey potatoes, corn bread... I could seriously keep eating but my stomach would surely explode.

Small town restaurants are my favorite places to go explore. So, if you're from the Ohio area and know of any recommendations, speak up! :)

Smile, Vin!
Trying to get Vinny to smile. C'mon, you're in slow-cooked heaven! You should be grinning ear to ear :-D

Route 62 BBQ
you snooze, you lose. This woman with the purse came in too late. The man in front of her got the last rack of ribs of the day. Womp womp.

slow cookers
mmm.. if I had a butt load of money and extra space, this slow cooker would make the perfect lawn ornament.

5 comments:

DaveG said...

Glad you liked it!

I'm going to see if I can wrest control of the Thanksgiving meal from my mother-in-law and serve a few pounds of their smoked turkey. Yummy!

Barrie said...

My dh would LOVE this!

Unknown said...

Good barbeque is worth any amount of driving.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Cute blog!
Slow-cooked heaven indeed! Yum!

ChelsJoy said...

This looks like fun! I am going to see if Brandon wants to go this weekend!