May 31, 2009

Buy Me Some Peanuts... and Beer



I love going to sporting events. I don't go to watch the actual game, of course. I go for the fun atmosphere (read: food and booze).

Yesterday I went to my first Columbus Clippers game. They're a minor league team, so it's not like I went to some amazing game like the Cubs or anything. But let me tell you what I was really impressed with: the stadium! Huntington Park is a newer stadium built in the Arena District of downtown Columbus. It's really beautiful and has tons of fun things to do other than watch baseball. For just $6 a ticket, we went to an upper deck area to eat and drink while having a fantastic view of the entire stadium. Those decks have tons of places to eat, drink, and sit at tables with your friends. They also had one of those inflatable houses for bored kids to go jump around in. Our friend decided to crash the scene and jumped in there before getting kicked out. Anywho, I'm sure many other stadiums have this, but I was really impressed with the overall atmosphere of the place. Good job, Columbus, you actually have something cool in your town other than Easton Town Center!

A woman also got his in the head with a baseball.

That's the only other exciting news that I have for you. No, I don't know what ended up happening to her, but I never saw paramedics show up so let's hope she's only nursing a goose egg and not something major.

We finished off our night by going down to a bar called Park Street Patio. Our other coworkers met up with us, and it was overall a very fun night. This all must be done again very soon!

Now I have the strange urge to go bowling.

1 comments:

Abby said...

that's cool you went to :) the park is super sweet and I'm looking forward to the next game we get to.