Ever since I got a dog, people ask me, "What!? You got a dog!? Wait, what about your rabbits? How many animals do you have!?"
Jesus, people. I can't help it that I'm an animal lover! Yes, sometimes it can stress me out, but I love my pets.
So, exactly how many pets do I have? Well, here is a list. And believe me, it's not as many as you think!
Ollie:
Ollie came into my life in the summer of 2007 my senior year in college. He was just a teeny little baby. After half a year, he developed symptoms of head tilt. He started to lose his balance and fell down a lot. His head also tilted insanely badly... almost 180 degrees. It was the saddest site to see. I nursed him back to health (tediously force feeding him medicine for over 2 months, 3 times a day!) and now he is happy and healthy. His head is still slightly tilted but it's improved so much.
Bear:
Bear was adopted the same day as Ollie. He's my crazy child. When he gets angry, he thumps his foot really loudly to make sure we all know about it! He used to drive me nuts because he would constantly chew on his cage and flip over his igloo house. God... I can't even begin to tell you! You have no idea how the invention of neutering helped. After his balls got cut off, he calmed down a lot and now he's much better. I know, I'm evil. Ha ha.
Frodo:
Frodo actually lives back in Athens with my parents, so he's technically not "mine". He was a stray that followed me home one night. I was at my neighbor's house feeding their cat, Boots. As I was walking through their lawn back to my house, I heard a MEOW! My first instinct was, "HOLY SHIT! BOOTS GOT OUT!" But no, it was a tiny black kitten. He was so skinny. I secretly fed him for a few days until my mom, who HATES cats, decided we could keep him outside on the condition that he remains an outdoor cat at all times. Yea right, now this spoiled little guy is always sleeping on our couches and beds.
Maddie:
Of course, the newest addition to my little family. You all know this story from reading my last posts. What you may not know is I had a dachshund puppy back in 2006 that died from an undiagnosed intestinal infection. It was a really rough patch in my life and it's taken me a few years to get the courage to adopt another dog. I've wanted dogs all my life and I can't wait to have more. Yes, that's right, I'm not stopping with Maddie! She is definitely going to have a little brother or sister in the future!
Ok, so that's it. See? Not very many. Ollie, Bear, and Maddie live with me in Columbus, while Frodo enjoys his carefree spirit at my parents' house.
Of course... this doesn't really amount to what I used to have when I was younger. Overall, I have had 3 other rabbits (one of which lived to be 14 years old, rest his little soul...), 3 guinea pigs, countless mice, a hamster (I like rodents, I know... weird), hermit crabs (yep, totally random), and 2 other dogs. Our house really was like a zoo. But you know what? If I have kids, I'd want them to have the same happiness and joy that my pets brought me too. I just have to get ready for all the amounts of pee and crap I'd have to pick up after!
Mar 7, 2009
Amy's Zoo
Posted by
Amy
at
12:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment