I’m sure you’ve heard of the US Airways A320 accident that occurred yesterday. I can’t even begin to tell you how proud I am of those pilots who safely landed that aircraft. Airbus deserves a fine pat on the back for all of the training they provide for their crewmembers.
I’ve flown countless times (either on commercial airlines, or flown myself in a single-engine airplane), and I really couldn’t imagine having to deal with that horrific of a situation.
I mean, did anyone notice that the airplane landed perfectly in the water, and in one piece? That is amazing. Good job, Captain Sully!!
As many of you know, I work in a flight center for a private aviation company. So any time an aviation-related incident occurs, a knot forms in my stomach. Our company puts many of our crewmembers on commercial airlines, so the moment we see an accident on the news, we immediately scramble to find out if any of our own crewmembers were on board. It’s a scary thing to deal with, and I couldn’t really imagine what it would be like to be those passengers or crew.
So, thank you to all you talented aviation peeps out there. Whether you’re airline pilots, private jet pilots, flight instructors, military pilots, etc etc—I heart you all!
Jan 16, 2009
Why I Love Pilots
Posted by
Amy
at
12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment