Jan 19, 2009

52 Blessings

I decided to join Flickr. At first I'm thinking "Ew, I have to open a Yahoo account? Gross." But I am so glad I did. I really enjoy its layout, user friendly applications, the many groups you can join, and the amazing photographs people post. I even took the plunge and upgraded to a Pro account right away. I'm in love with it.

I joined a group on Flickr called 52 Blessings. Essentially, anyone can join, and all you have to do is post one photo per week of something that you are greatful for, for the rest of 2009. Sounds simple, huh? It's a really cool concept and there's so many amazing photos from so many people in the group. I could spend all day looking through them.

Since I joined the group 3 weeks into January, I have only posted one photo so far. But I'm going to catch up and post two more within the next day or two so I do not fall behind. Unfortunately my camera batteries just died and I cannot post the other two photos until I get them charged. Argh.

So here is my first blessing:

Week 1/52

"My laptop is a blessing because I use it every day. Without it, I wouldn't be able to upload my photos, stay in touch with old friends, and continue to be inspired to start various projects.

I feel that having this be my first blessing is appropriate because I am using it to post this very photo. Technology can be a grand thing."


I should mention that my photos aren't nearly as "artistic" looking as the others in the 52 Blessings group, but it's still fun for me to play around with. I like being crafty even if I'm not insanely good at it.

I highly recommend you starting a Flickr account. It's free and it's fun!

1 comments:

Abby said...

Hi Amy, It has been going pretty good over here. School is going great. The kids are acting up a bit a times but you will have that. We were at Easton on Saturday around 8:30. We met Shawn and some other people to watch the game at Gameworks and then went to the last show at the FunnyBone. I hope you enjoyed your movie.