This photo pretty much sums up why I love my Dad. He’s such a kid at heart. His favorite cartoon character is Marvin the Martian, and the lucky man got a pair of Marvin slippers for Christmas! Oh boy! Now I get to see him prance around in them and fear he’s going to slip down the wooden staircase.
All of this got me thinking about the one time he had to buy tampons for me. (Yea, sorry, guys. If the female anatomy bothers you, stop reading). Back in May, I was going through a really rough patch. I had a horrible upper respiratory infection, exams to cram for, and my boyfriend of 2.5 years dumped me... all on the same day. Needless to say I flipped a shit and drove home to stay with my parents for a few days. Well, low and behold, mother nature gave me that wonderful monthly gift, and I was too distraught to go to the store to buy tampons. As I was sitting in my bedroom (which is still decorated like when I lived in it during high school) I was fiddling around on my laptop.
Then POP! I get an instant message from my Dad (who is downstairs in his office).
Dad: How are you?
Me: Bad. And my period started too.
Dad: OMFG.
Me: Can you buy me a box of assorted unscented tampons?
Dad: Ok. Where do I find those?
Oh geeze.. .poor father. He had NO clue where to find them. A normal person would know to just go to Wal Mart’s toiletries aisle. But no. Dad thought they were in the medicine section. So he went to a drug store. Then he calls and tells me he can’t find them. Basically the poor man ended up driving around Athens to 4 different places before he ended up going to Wal Mart to buy the damn things.
Ahh Dads... what would we do without them??my room in high school--still the same--minus some various football and hockey schedules and photos
On another note, I am back in Athens for a night. My best friend since 4th grade, Jackie, came back in town for the holidays. I was unable to hang out with her all week due to work, so I braved a 7am wake-up, drove 1.5 hours to Athens, and had breakfast with her before she had to leave. It was SO good to see her! We haven’t seen each other since July, and then while I was on vacation she moved to Pennsylvania with her boyfriend.... a whopping 6 hours away! We ended up grabbing breakfast and chatted the morning away at good ol’ Bob Evans. Or as we like to call it, Bobby E’s!
We even harassed the lovely cashier to take a photo!!
Are you even surprised to see old people in the background? (haha.. I’m so mean.)
I apologize for the sporadic, oftentimes useless, updates. Work really consumes my life so this is about as interesting as my life is for now. I have another day off tomorrow but that is already filled with cleaning the apartment, running errands, and hopefully squeezing in some relaxation time.
Oh! And does anybody else think that Marley & Me looks like the cutest movie EVER!? Can’t wait to go see it!!
Dec 28, 2008
Why Dads are Wonderful... and Weird.
Posted by
Amy
at
7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love this story of your dad. A man who will buy you tampons is a man to be valued.
Yay for your dad! And isn't just the best thing ever when you get together with friends you've known since elementary school (or even before!)?
Happy New Year, Amy!
Marley and Me IS the cutest movie ever! I saw it once and am seeing it again today at 4:45! Haha. Go see it and let me know what you think!!! :)
So first off...love your Dad!! My dad has done similiar things but when he is surrounded by women, he knows what aisle they are located in. Marley & Me is great...just bring lots of tissues. Well it certainly was sad for me because of Osh Kosh (which I do not think I have told you about so call me). Anyways long message....
Post a Comment