Oct 24, 2008

Some Stupid Shit That Only Happens to Me: A Tale of Furniture Mishaps

October 24, 2008

Thank fucking God it’s Friday.

Ok, I’m sounding too dramatic. I actually had a very good week, but I am just plain exhausted. I really like what I am doing at work, particularly in terms of training and learning about how to use the systems that we use to communicate with our pilots. Even though we’re not done with the classroom aspect of training, we got to sit with a Team Lead in the flight center and watched how everything gets done. I listened in all the calls we received from pilots (and entered in data and sent crew comm. messages! Woo!), including this very amusing one:

Team Lead: “NetJets Crew Support, this is Jesse.”

Pilot: “Hey! This is Don, we’re in Cabo, Mexico! ARRIBA!!!!!”

Lucky asshole. Seriously. How awesome is that. We ended up with TWO calls from pilots that are in Cabo over night. Mmmm... warm beach... frozen alcoholic drinks... Ohio sucks.

On another unrelated note, I FINALLY received my furniture! I received part of a shipment two weeks ago, but I still had a dresser, nightstand, and dinette set on order. After having called my furniture dealer (which should be referred to as a crack dealer because he ended up being totally shady) more than 5 times in the past week and a half, I finally got the word from him that my catalog orders were shipped from the warehouse and were to arrive in his showroom by Tuesday. He told me that he would deliver them to me that same day.

Tuesday: No word from Crazy Furniture Dealer.

Wednesday: No word from CFD.

Thursday: I get a hold of CFD. Here is our conversation:

Amy: Hi, James. I wanted to inquire about the status of my order.

CFD/James: Yes, hi. I am 95% sure I can deliver it tonight, and if not tonight, then tomorrow.

Amy: Ok... well, I will not be home tomorrow [Friday] and I will be out of town all weekend.

CFD: Oh ok... then I will have it delivered tonight, unless my deliverymen are too busy or too tired.

Amy: Uh. What?

CFD: I will call you.

Amy: Ok...

*click *

OK. I know most of you think that I shouldn’t have taken that awkward abuse. I mean, what a RETARDED thing to say to a customer! “Unless they’re tired”?!?! It’s not my freaking problem if you don’t hire enough people to deliver your furniture. I already paid for my stuff, asshole.

I really should have let him have it. Ya know... give him a real mouthful of fuck you’s and “I’m not going to accept this furniture and I want my money back”... but alas, I don’t have the balls to do such a thing. So as I sat on my couch, stuffing my face with 3 day old pizza, I finally got a call from him that my furniture was on the way.

Good thing I didn’t bitch him out!

And then I ended up feeling like the asshole because those deliverymen really were working hard all day, and they had to squeeze me in their route, even though they had tons of other things to deliver that night.

Oh well! I now have clothing storage!! And a table to eat on! And a nightstand to put my lamp and book : ) Yay for material possessions!

Shut up. I tipped them generously.

0 comments: